Sources: Major update on West Ham signing McTominay
West Ham are set to push for the signing of Man United midfielder Scott McTominay if Lucas Paqueta completes a move to Man City, sources have told Football Insider.
The Irons have already completed a move for Ajax star Edson Alvarez and are close to sealing the signing of Southampton captain James Ward-Prowse.
Their midfield rebuild has been triggered by the sale of their own skipper, Declan Rice, to Arsenal earlier this summer.
It is believed a further sale of Paqueta would give West Ham the funds to land top target McTominay.
Football Insider revealed on Friday (11 August) that Man City have already seen a bid of £70million rejected for the 25-year-old – but have not been deterred.
It is believed the treble-winners have already seen a bid of £70million rejected for the Brazil international, but are expected to return with an improved offer in the coming days.
A well-placed source has told Football Insider that Guardiola’s side have been “encouraged” by Paqueta’s interest in completing a move to the Etihad Stadium.
One potential formula could be through a part-exchange deal, with Football Insider revealing on Saturday (12 August) that Man City are considering including Cole Palmer in a new bid for Paqueta.
Meanwhile, McTominay featured 24 times for Erik ten Hag’s side last season in the Premier League – playing a total of 1149 minutes.
The 39-cap Scotland international has racked up 209 appearances for Man United since coming through the youth system, 144 of which have come in the English top flight.