Sources: McKennie offers on the table as West Ham told Juventus willing to sell in January
West Ham have been handed a major boost in their pursuit of Weston McKennie after learning Juventus star are willing to sell him in January, Football Insider understands.
This site revealed on 28th September that the Irons have already opened talks with the Serie A giants over a potential deal for the central midfielder.
A recruitment source has told Football Insider that Juve consider McKennie, 23, “sellable” and are open to a deal in the upcoming window.
That has alerted suitors across Europe in the USA international, with one offer from outside of Italy for the player already believed to be on the table.
McKennie is keen to test himself in the Premier League after spending his career so far in the Bundesliga and Serie A.
He completed a permanent £18million move to Juventus in July after an impressive season on loan from Schalke.
Subscribe to Football Insider TV now
The versatile midfielder is a mainstay of the Juventus XI and made 46 appearances last season, which yielded six goals and three assists.
West Ham are in the market for a midfield anchorman who could potentially replace Declan Rice.
The Irons star man has rebuffed multiple contract offers and that is expected to force the club to cash in on him next year.
They will also lose longstanding skipper Mark Noble at the end of the season when he hangs up his boots and retires.
In the new campaign, McKennie has started three of Juve’s six Serie A matches and he was a second-half substitute in Wednesday’s 1-0 Champions League win over Chelsea.
The former FC Dallas star has a contract with the Italian club until the summer of 2025.