Date: 16th October 2019 at 7:00am
Written by:

Declan Rice is set to be given the all-clear to take his place in the West Ham team this weekend, Football Insider understands.

The Hammers midfielder was omitted from the England side that thrashed Bulgaria on Monday night due to a virus that had kept him out of training.

A West Ham source has told Football Insider that Rice is recovering well from the illness and told the club yesterday he will be fit to play against Everton in Saturday’s lunchtime Premier League kick-off.

Rice started for England in their shock 2-1 defeat to the Czech Republic last Friday as he secured his sixth senior cap.

But his performance was criticised in a poor display from Gareth Southgate’s team following what had been an impressive introduction to international football for the 20-year-old.

Rice’s place as one of the key men at West Ham is undisputed and he has started 41 of the club’s last 42 Premier League matches.

He is now expected to be named in the starting XI for the ninth game out of nine this season after playing the full 90 minutes in each of the previous eight.

Manuel Pellegrini’s side is based upon the central midfield partnership of academy products of different generations, Rice and skipper Mark Noble.

West Ham are eighth in the league ahead of the return of the Premier League programme, with hosts Everton 18th and on the back of four consecutive defeats.

In other West Ham news, it can be REVEALED that an attacker has told the club he will sign for them after snubbing extension from Premier League giants.