Three Aston Villa stars 'looking to move' after source's update today - pundit
Kevin Phillips has claimed Anwar El Ghazi, Trezeguet, and Bertrand Traore could all depart Aston Villa this month.
The former Claret and Blue striker, speaking exclusively to Football Insider, suggested the trio may have had “honest conversations” with the club following the arrival of Philippe Coutinho, 29.
This site revealed last year (29 November) that Aston Villa are planning to listen to offers for attackers El Ghazi, Trezeguet, and Traore this month.
Those plans may well be accelerated following the arrival of Coutinho, who completed a loan switch from Barcelona on Friday.
Moreover, Football Insider revealed today that Villa have submitted a bid for Everton’s Lucas Digne as another potential big-name deal edges closer.
Phillips insisted the Villa trio will know their “time is up” at Villa Park after the signing of the Brazil international.
Subscribe to Football Insider TV now
“That’s football, they’ll understand that,” he told Football Insider‘s Dylan Childs.
“They may well have been told that, there could have been honest conversations – but obviously we’re not privy to that.
“We’re not daft, they’re not daft, they’re not daft. When you know you haven’t played a lot of football and signings are coming in who are going to play in front of you – you know that your time’s up.
“They’ll be looking somewhere else to try and get a move and play some football. It is football, it’s happening, and it’ll be interesting to see who moves on – if not all three.”
Football Insider revealed earlier this month (1 January) that West Ham are considering a move for El Ghazi this month as they look to sign a new forward.
The Aston Villa trio have made just one combined start since Steven Gerrard’s appointment in November.
The Midlands club sit 13th in the Premier League.