Tottenham '100%' backed to re-sign Christian Eriksen as offer submitted - pundit
Christian Eriksen may sign for Tottenham to work under Antonio Conte once again, according to Gabby Agbonlahor.
Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, the ex-Aston Villa and England attacker admitted Eriksen did not leave the club on good terms in January 2020 but may return now Conte is there.
The 30-year-old is set to be a free agent at the end of the month when his Brentford contract ends.
A Spurs source told Football Insider last month (23 May) that they have been in contact with the attacking midfielder and are interested in re-signing him.
Fabrizio Romano reported on Sunday (12 June) that Brentford have submitted a “serious” contract offer to Eriksen who will make his decision in the coming days.
Asked whether he could see the Denmark international moving back to Tottenham, Agbonlahor told Football Insider correspondent Connor Whitley: “100 per cent.
Subscribe to Football Insider TV now
“I don’t think he left on good terms to go to Inter Milan but he went to Inter Milan under Conte.
“Conte is going to know him well. I think he had a shaky start under Conte but then started to play under him.
“It’s an option, definitely. It just depends on what Eriksen wants to do with so many offers on the table.
“He might want to try something different. It’s just good to see clubs willing to take a chance on him now.
“You’ve got to give credit to Brentford as the first one who decided to take that chance. He can prove that he can be fine with the procedure that he’s had because he played so many games.”
Eriksen scored once and provided four assists in 10 Premier League starts for Brentford in the second half of the 2021-22 season.
In his seven-and-a-half-year first spell at Tottenham, he registered 159 goal contributions in 304 appearances across all competitions.