Diafra Sakho shares injury nightmare ahead of West Ham clash against Swansea
By Will Butcher
Diafra Sakho has revealed he could make his first appearance at the London Stadium debut for West Ham against Swansea after ending his injury nightmares.
The 27-year-old has finally overcome a back problem that has seen him make just three appearances all season, after undergoing an operation to correct the problem.
Speaking to West Ham’s official website, the attacker revealed that he had not been fully fit for a year and a half but told fans that there is no pain in his back following the operation.
The Senegal international could now play some part in the Hammers crucial clash against Swansea on Saturday, in a match that could prove crucial at the bottom of the Premier League.
“I’m feeling good, very good. After four or five months of being out injured, I have no pain in my back and I’m getting fitter every day, so everything is feeling better,” Sakho said.
Subscribe to Football Insider TV now
“It was hard to have lots of injuries over the last year and a half, but now I think everything is back in place. I have never played in this new London Stadium, I hope I score.”
Sakho has featured just three times all season, scoring once against Manchester United in the Premier League before revisiting the treatment table and eventually undergoing surgery.
West Ham’s number 15 will be desperate to prove to the Hammers that he has what it takes to shine for the east London outfit, with just over 12 months remaining on his current contract.
Making his comeback as a substitute in the loss against Arsenal, Sakho could now be given a chance from the off against Swansea on Saturday.
Sitting only six points above the Swans who occupy 18th place, the Hammers will be desperate to end a run of five straight defeats and move away from a relegation dogfight.
In other West Ham news, this insider has revealed the Hammers have made a huge transfer decision.