Sources: West Ham ready to sell Manuel Lanzini after agreeing new deal
West Ham are planning to offload Manuel Lanzini after completing the club-record signing of Lucas Paqueta, sources have told Football Insider.
The Irons are ready to let the 29-year-old playmaker go ahead of the January window following a busy summer of transfer activity.
It is believed West Ham told Lanzini he was free to find a new club, either on loan or on a permanent deal, ahead of the 1 September deadline.
But the Argentina international could not agree a deal in time and will remain in David Moyes’ squad for a few more months.
He has been told his situation remains the same and he will be free to go once again in the January window.
The manager does not regard Lanzini as a key man anymore, and
Click below for exclusive transfer news
The attacking midfielder started in the Hammers’ first game of the new Premier League season – a 2-0 defeat to Man City – but was hooked just before the hour mark.
He then made substitute appearances in his side’s next two league games but has been an unused sub in each of the Irons’ last four league fixtures.
Lanzini has instead only seen regular action on Thursday nights and has started all four of his club’s Europa Conference League matches this term.
The Argentine was a regular in West Ham’s Premier League side last season, making 30 appearances with 19 of those being starts.
Lanzini arrived at West Ham initially on loan from Al Jazira in July 2015 before the deal became permanent in March 2016.
He has gone on to make 210 appearances for the Londoners, scoring 30 goals and providing 27 assists.
West Ham signed Paqueta, 25, from Lyon at the end of last month for what the club described as a “record fee”.
He became the Irons’ eighth senior signing of the summer.