By Gabriel Agbonlahor

14th Sep, 2022 | 1:25pm

Agbonlahor: Cristiano Ronaldo tipped to quit Man United after 'obscene' update

Cristiano Ronaldo could quit Man United and join a Saudi Arabian club in January, according to Gabby Agbonlahor.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, the ex-Aston Villa and England attacker claimed Ronaldo will be “angry” with his current role at Old Trafford and is unlikely to change anytime soon.

The 37-year-old has only made one Premier League start so far this season.

The president of the Saudi Arabian Football Federation Yasser Al-Misehal told the Athletic on Monday (12 September) it would be “huge” if Ronaldo moved to a club in the country.

It is claimed Al-Hilal presented him with an “obscene” offer in the summer and Al-Nassr are also interested.

“Ronaldo must be very angry at the moment at the fact he’s not starting games,” Agbonlahor told Football Insider correspondent Connor Whitley.

Click below for exclusive transfer news

“Ronaldo wants to start games, he wants to score goals and wants to play in the Champions League. Everything that he wants, he’s not getting.

“It might come to the stage where in January and looks at the situation and thinks ‘You know what, maybe my time at the highest level is over’.

“It happens to everyone. Age catches up with everyone and you can’t defy age.

“He’s coming to the stage where he looks at it and thinks ‘Maybe I do go to America or Saudi Arabia or China’. Maybe it’s the time when Ronaldo looks at those options.

“Unless there are big injuries, he’s not going to start a Premier League game for Man United for a while.”

Ronaldo is yet to score in seven appearances for Man United this season.

The Portugal captain found the net 24 times in 39 games across all competitions last term and won the club’s player of the year award.

In other news, Kieran Maguire has issued a “£222million” reveal as Man United agree a Matt McKie deal.