Allardyce reveals Everton preparations for clash v Burnley have been 'terrible'
Sam Allardyce has said that his side’s build-up for the Premier League clash against Burnley on Saturday have been “terrible”.
Talking in the pre-match press conference – one of the ones that survived the weather – he said that his side would be unable to train outside because of high winds.
He said that they did have access to a small indoor arena, but that it’s been a “problem”.
However, he did concede that everyone had suffered from the weather this week.
Allardyce on preparations: "Terrible. We're unlikely to get on the pitches today because of the wind. We have a small indoor area but it has been a bit of a problem. But we've all suffered the weather this week."
— Phil Kirkbride (@philkecho) March 2, 2018
The weather could have the final say on the fixture as it’s still not certain it will go ahead.
Burnley issued a statement on the official club website on Thursday lunchtime, saying that conditions had been “extremely challenging in the past 72 hours.”
Subscribe to Football Insider TV now
“However, in anticipation of the weekend Premier League game against Everton, the club’s contingency plan has been in operation since Monday, to clear snow both inside and within the surrounding footprint of the stadium.
“The club has been liaising with local authorities and league officials and every effort is being made to ensure the match goes ahead as planned.”
The game is due to kick-off at 12.30pm on Saturday for the early Sky Sports broadcast.
In other Everton news, ‘Dreadful’ – Cascarino delivers damning verdict on big-money Everton star