Sources: Bournemouth and Fulham line up Bowler bids after Nottingham Forest offers rejected
Bournemouth and Fulham are lining up offers for Blackpool winger Josh Bowler as they look to beat Nottingham Forest to his signature, Football Insider understands.
The 22-year-old has been linked with a number of clubs during this month’s transfer window and Forest have had multiple bids for him knocked back.
A recruitment source has told Football Insider that promotion-chasing Bournemouth and Fulham are now pushing hard for Bowler ahead of Monday’s deadline.
They are expected to submit bids for the former Everton youngster.
Bowler has two goals and three assists in 30 outings this term and could feature when Blackpool face his suitors Fulham today (29 January).
He signed a one-year contract when he joined on a free transfer last June, although the Tanjarines have the option to extend his deal by another year.
Subscribe to Football Insider TV now
The wide man did not make a senior appearance during his time with the Toffees after signing for £1.5million from Queens Park Rangers in 2017.
He was, however, part of the under-23 side that won the Premier League 2 title in 2018-19.
Blackpool boss Neil Critchley told The Gazette earlier this month that Bowler is playing “fantastic football” and conceded his future may at some point “get taken out of our hands”.
Bournemouth, Fulham and Forest are all looking to strengthen their garrisons as they aim for promotion from the Championship.
Free-scoring Fulham are five points clear at the summit of the table, while Bournemouth could move into the top two with victory over Barnsley today.
Steve Cooper’s Forest meanwhile have won their last four and are within spitting distance of the play-off places.
In other news, Swansea City open talks to sign Fulham loanee Domingos Quina.