Date: 12th January 2018 at 2:48pm
Written by:

Leeds United manager Thomas Christiansen has dropped a huge hint that he may be in the market to sign a new striker at some point during the January transfer window.

Christiansen has seemingly done a U-turn, after last week he suggested that he is happy with his current options in attack at Elland Road.

However since then, the Danish manager has seen his Leeds side suffer a humiliating 2-1 defeat to Newport County in the FA Cup, in which summer signings Pierre-Michel Lasogga and Jay-Roy Grot had absolute stinkers at Rodney Parade.

That may have been the cause for Christiansen to backtrack on his previous claim, as he has now dropped a big hint that he would like to strengthen his striker options this month.

“That could be a possibility, but as I said the market is very difficult right now,” Christiansen said when asked if he’d like a new forward, as quoted by LeedsLive in their live blog of his press-conference on Friday.

“But of course, if it helps the team, of course.”

Christiansen has struggled to find a consistent No 9 this season off the back of Chris Wood’s move to Burnley.

Leeds pocketed £15million in offloading the New Zealand international, but instead of splashing it all on one replacement, the Yorkshire giants decided to bring in a number of different attackers on the cheap.

However none have seemed to have worked out and Kemar Roofe now appears to be the go-to choice to spearhead the attack.

In other Leeds United news, a club chairman has dropped a huge hint that the Whites may have contacted him about this 23-goal forward.

We’ve launched a << BREAKING NEWS FEED>> exclusively for your club. ‘Like Us’ on Facebook by clicking here if you want 24/7 updates on all Leeds United breaking news.