Tottenham star Ryan Sessegnon is set to push for a move to Celtic as he eyes a regular starting role at an elite club, Football Insider understands.
The Spurs star, 20, has been the subject of strong interest from the Scottish giants as well as Premier League pair Southampton and Brighton as well as teams overseas.
They have all made contact with Tottenham and Celtic have tabled a multi-million loan offer after Jose Mourinho gave the green light for Sessegnon, to go out this season.
A Tottenham source has told Football Insider that the England Under-21 international wants to join a club where he will be key player.
He has been on the fringes at White Hart Lane and has failed to even make the matchday squad for five of Spurs’ six matches this season.
Sessegnon is keen to avoid a repeat and that could prove decisive in where he goes on loan by Monday night’s deadline.
Southampton already have an England international at left-back in Ryan Bertrand.
By contrast, Celtic manager Neil Lennon has told Sessegnon how he sees him as an ideal fit at wing-back in his preferred 3-5-2 formation.
The northern Irishman wants an upgrade on the left flank on 2019 signing Greg Taylor following the exit of Boli Bolingoli.
Brighton have also been playing 3-5-2 this season, with Solly March the first choice in the Premier League and Bernardo operating as his understudy in the EFL Cup so far.
The problem for Celtic is that Tottenham want more than £5million in loan fee and wages for a player earning upwards of £60,000-a-week.
Sessegnon’s chances of regular playing time this season at Spurs have been hit by the signings of Gareth Bale and Sergio Reguilon.
Since signing from Fulham for £25million last year, the youngster has made just four Premier League starts among 12 appearances in all competitions for Tottenham.