Paul Robinson has been blown away by the recruitment at Newcastle United this summer after the club confirmed the signings of Callum Wilson and Ryan Fraser.
The former England number one, speaking exclusively to Football Insider correspondent Dylan Childs, claimed that the club’s newest arrivals are both “fantastic players” who will make “a real difference” to Steve Bruce’s side this season.
The club confirmed this afternoon that Ryan Fraser had put pen to paper on a five-year contract at St. James’ Park just hours after his former Bournemouth teammate Callum Wilson had joined in a £20million deal.
✍️ #NUFC are thrilled to announce the signing of Ryan Fraser on a five-year deal!
Welcome, Ryan! 🏴👊
— Newcastle United FC (@NUFC) September 7, 2020
Football Insider revealed last week that the Magpies were close to multiple new signings, two of which were that of Fraser and Wilson, both of whom have committed their long-term futures to the club today.
Fraser arrives on a free transfer after he left the Cherries upon the expiration of his contract in June.
When asked by Football Insider for his reaction to the double deal, Robinson said:
“They are two fantastic players. It is just a coincidence that they played together at the same club, I do not think that came into Steve Bruce’s reckoning.
“They are going to be a great addition to the team. Newcastle have recruited very, very well in this window with Jeff Hendrick and now Wilson and Fraser. They will all strengthen the starting eleven and make a real difference this season.”
Speaking shortly after Fraser signed, Steve Bruce said: “I’m delighted to bring Ryan to Newcastle United. We have held off big competition to get his signature and that says a lot about what this club has to offer.
“He has wonderful chemistry on the pitch with Callum Wilson, which excites me, and I hope it excites our supporters ahead of the new season.”
In other Newcastle United news, Darren Bent has backed Steve Bruce to get the best out of 28-year-old this year.