Exclusive: Tottenham rising star rejects new deal
Tottenham midfielder Tashan Oakley-Boothe has rejected the club’s offer of a new contract, Football Insider can reveal.
The highly rated 19-year-old is among a number of emerging stars who Spurs are keen to tie to long-term deals.
A Tottenham source has told Football Insider that Oakley-Boothe has knocked back a contract offer from the club to throw his long-term future into major doubt.
Oakley-Boothe’s current agreement with the north London giants runs until the summer of 2021.
Spurs are keen to keep hold of him beyond that point as the regard him as capable of establishing himself in the first team in the future.
The central midfielder made his senior debut this season when he made a late cameo appearance under Mauricio Pochettino’s side in the EFL Cup win over Barnsley in September 2017.
Subscribe to Football Insider TV now
Oakley-Boothe was also on the bench for Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup matches two seasons ago.
But he has not made a single matchday squad this season, with fellow teenage midfielder Oliver Skipp seemingly ahead of him in the pecking order.
— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) February 28, 2018
Doubts over Oakley-Boothe’s future emerge as Tottenham also look to tie striker Troy Parrott and defender Japhet Tanganga to contract extensions.
Mourinho revealed last week he was increasingly hopeful the youthful pair, who have made the matchday squad on a number of occasions since he was appointed as manager, would sign new deals.
In other Tottenham news, Paul Robinson has told Football Insider how ‘Spurs scouts are looking at signing’ brilliant centre-back who’s price tag rocketing by the week.