West Ham 27-year-old to be sold after blazing row with Bilic - report
By Danny Wright
Diafra Sakho’s West Ham future has been thrown into doubt after he refused to sit on the bench against Sunderland, according to a report.
The Sun claim that the striker had a huge bust-up with Slaven Bilic because he believes he is fit enough to start matches following a long spell on the sidelines.
It is said that Sakho, who has had a fiery relationship with manager Bilic, is expected to be axed in the summer.
Sakho has played just three games this season in all competitions and made his comeback from a chronic back problem in the loss against Arsenal earlier this month.
The 27-year-old missed three months of action with his latest injury and Bilic has opted not to rush him back into action as he was left as an unused substitute in the win against Swansea last week.
Subscribe to Football Insider TV now
West Ham could only manage a draw with the Premier League’s basement boys Sunderland on Saturday and Sakho has taken offence to the fact he wasn’t picked to start the game.
The Sun report that Bilic wanted to name him on the bench for the third consecutive match but Sakho declared himself injured again as he made it clear he would not travel to the Stadium of Light.
Carroll was picked to lead the line instead of the six-time Senegal international.
This news comes just days after the Mirror claimed that Bilic was about to face a huge divide in the dressing room over the pay of certain players.
A separate report in the Sun said that the Croat must secure a top-half finish this season or face the axe.
West Ham are currently 13th in the standings.c
Sakho joined the Hammers from Metz in 2014 on a four-year deal for £4.25million and he has gone on to score 16 times in 47 appearances.