Manager responds to reports that 25-year-old will undergo Rangers medical
By Harvey Byrne
Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes has responded to reports that Ryan Jack will undergo a medical at Rangers by stating the player has assured him he’s agreed nothing with anyone.
The Sunday Post claimed earlier in the day that the 25-year-old will have a medical within the next 72 hours as Pedro Caixinha closes in on his first signing following his March appointment.
It has not been a secret that the Gers are chasing Jack and while Caixinha has previously admitted to liking the way the Dons captain plays, McInnes has also told that his midfield ace wants to leave the club once his contract expires this summer.
Now, McInnes has gone against reports stating that the deal for Jack to move to Ibrox is all but done and BBC journalist Alasdair Lamont quoted the boss on his personal Twitter account on Sunday stating that the midfielder assures him he’s agreed nothing and “only a couple of people know the real truth.”
Derek McInnes says Ryan Jack assures him he's agreed nothing with anyone but admits only a couple of people know the 'real truth'.
— Alasdair Lamont (@BBCAlLamont) May 21, 2017
Jack has been a part of the Aberdeen side since 2008 and made his debut for the club two years later against Rangers in 2010.
Subscribe to Football Insider TV now
He has since gone on to play 248 times for the club and 37 of those appearances have come in all competitions this campaign.
The player has also helped Aberdeen to a higher placing than the Gers, but there is no doubt that the Glasgow giants still have a huge pull in Scotland due to the club’s history.
In other Rangers transfer news, the Gers have also enquired about this 22-year-old international.