This is when Rangers will return to full Broomloan allocation for Celtic clash - Keith Wyness
That is according to former Aberdeen chief executive Keith Wyness, speaking exclusively to Football Insider, who believes that the full 7,500 allocation will not be awarded for the upcoming Premier Sports Cup tie.
This comes after the pair were drawn against each other at Ibrox in the quarter-final, with fans already debating the size of the allocation that will be given to the Hoops.
However, Wyness believes that talk of Celtic being given the full Broomloan Stand is misplaced, and they will instead be handed their typical 2,500 allocation.
This comes after both sets of fans exploded onto the pitch following last season's Scottish Cup clash, with violence breaking out after Celtic's penalty shootout victory.
Wyness believes that is proof that the full allocation cannot return for the game on 13 September, but he also feels that could change this time next year.
Rangers and Celtic eye derby 'rebuild'
Aberdeen's former chief Wyness - who served as CEO at Pittodrie between 2000 and 2004 and now runs a consultancy business advising elite clubs - believes that Rangers and Celtic will try to "rebuild" towards a full allocation next season.
However, he also warned that it will require their clashes in 2026-27 to pass without any high-profile, wide-scale incidents.
Speaking on the latest edition of Football Insider's Inside Track podcast, he explained why hopes for a full allocation this time around are fanciful.
"I don't think they'll give Celtic the whole Broomloan end. I think they'll keep them in the corner there, and I think that will be it," Wyness said.
"I think it's just over 2,000 and that'll be reciprocated at Celtic Park. It's unfortunate, but I think that's probably the right step after the scenes that we had last year.
"We're having this conversation, and it's gone on for the last 25 years. We have these situations, and nobody seems to be able to address them properly.
"I think what will happen is that at Ibrox, they'll keep them in the corner, which is where the usual away fans are. I've been there several times. I know that corner, and it's not a pleasant experience.
"That'll be what will happen, and I think we'll try and hope for a much quieter procedure of these fixtures and hopefully rebuild back into a bigger situation. I think it'll be next season if there's going to be any movement."
Nicolas Raskin tipped to leave Rangers 'on deadline day'
Former Manchester United chief scout Mick Brown told Football Insider on Thursday that Rangers midfielder Nicolas Raskin could potentially leave the club "on deadline day."
The ex-recruitment boss believes that the Belgian is subject to growing interest in the Premier League, with several clubs eyeing up late moves.
Brown made it clear that clubs can often "panic" and move quickly to land targets ahead of the deadline, which comes on 1 September for English clubs.
That would leave Rangers with just two days to replace Raskin before their own deadline, which comes on 3 September.

