Revealed: Liverpool told £25m Bakoyoko bid would be accepted
PSV Eindhoven are ready to demand a fee of around £25million for Liverpool target Johan Bakayoko, sources have told Football Insider.
Burnley have already seen two bids rejected for the 20-year-old – with the last offer worth around £17.2million.
Football Insider revealed on Monday (28 August) that Everton and Crystal Palace are also in the race for the winger’s signature.
Burnley have not ended their pursuit of Bakayoko despite being knocked back twice by PSV.
The Dutch giants had been keen to hold on to the starlet until the end of their Champions League qualification campaign.
They face Rangers in the second leg of their playoff on Wednesday (30 August) with the score finely poised at 2-2.
A well-placed source has told Football Insider that the youngster could yet remain a PSV player if they can secure a place in the Champions League group stage.
Bakayoko is under contract in Eindhoven until June 2026.
He has already managed four assists in six appearances across all competitions for Peter Bosz’s side in the new campaign.
The left-footer scored nine goals and provided six assists in 39 appearances in the 2022-23 campaign – his breakout season.
Bakayoko also made his first appearances for the senior Belgium side this year, grabbing a goal in his first international start against Estonia in June.
He came through the youth ranks at Leuven, Club Brugge and Anderlecht before joining the PSV setup in 2019.
Interested sides Liverpool, Everton, Crystal Palace and Burnley will have to wrap up a deal for Bakayoko before the transfer window slams shut at 11pm on Friday (1 September).
In other news, Carlos Baleba deal agreed as Liverpool twist revealed.