By Frank McAvennie

17th Nov, 2022 | 12:52pm

Ryan Kent is 'going to leave Rangers' after Ibrox source's update - expert

Frank McAvennie has told Ryan Kent to sign a new contract at Rangers or leave in January.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, the former Celtic striker insisted Kent owes it to the Gers to bring in some money for a transfer.

On Wednesday (16 November), sources told this site that the Light Blues are making a fresh attempt to secure the 26-year-old to a new contract.

The Glasgow giants could lose the forward for free in the summer if he does not pen an extension.

Last month (1 October), this site revealed that Kent rejected a new contract as he set his sights on a move to the Premier League.

But Rangers are keen to try again to tie down the winger.

Click below for exclusive transfer news

When asked if he thinks Kent will agree a new deal at Ibrox, McAvennie told Football Insider:I would think so.

He is going to leave the club and not get them any money which is not what they need. He has not played a game really.

I have not got a problem with him wanting to make as much money as he can but the club brought him out of obscurity at Liverpool. They gave him a name and it is a shame.

But, they should have sorted this out long before now. Six months until the end of the season, he will wait. It is a shame because Rangers need the money. He should go in January and get them some money.

In other news, a Rangers expert has issued ‘huge’ Giovanni van Bronckhorst sack claim after source’s reveal.