By Alan Hutton

8th Dec, 2021 | 4:00pm

Sanchez tipped to go in Tottenham 'clearout' as 10-plus transfers on the cards - pundit

Alan Hutton has suggested Davinson Sanchez could be one of several Tottenham stars offloaded in a January “clearout”.

The former Spurs full-back, speaking exclusively to Football Insider, claimed Antonio Conte would need to get some players off the books before recruiting next month.

As revealed by Football Insider on Monday (6 December), Tottenham are laying the groundwork for an unprecedented January spending spree.

A Spurs source told this site Conte wants multiple new signings, while there are also expected to be some notable departures.

Spurs’ major plans mean there could be as many as 10 incoming and outgoing transfers combined including youngsters going out on loan.

Hutton suggested Sanchez could be among those out the exit door in north London.

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

Asked who he thinks could be on the chopping block, Hutton told Football Insider’s Russell Edge: “I think you can go through them all. It won’t just be two or three.

“I think after that Mura game, it will have been a leveller to say to Antonio Conte where they actually are. The squad maybe isn’t as strong as he first thought.

“There will be a lot of players who could be part of a clearout. Obviously, they are the big ones, the big names: Ndombele, Dele Alli, even Sanchez and some defenders.

“I still think a lot of these guys also have a lot to prove. Yes, he will have money to spend but I think he’ll have to clear some players out before they move forward.”

Sanchez, 25, has played 13 times across all competitions for Spurs this season.

Significantly, he has featured in all but one of Conte’s six games in charge so far, starting three times.

In other news, 24-year-old is “100 per cent” planning to quit Tottenham in January.