Sources: Rodon wants to leave Tottenham permanently in January
Joe Rodon has set his sights on quitting Tottenham in January, Football Insider can reveal.
The Wales international, 24, has had just 54 minutes of action in Antonio Conte’s five matches despite him fielding a three-man defence and the unavailability of the injured Cristian Romero.
A Tottenham source has told Football Insider that Rodon has already seen enough to be “100 per cent” seeking the exit in the upcoming window.
He is willing secure a permanent move or a loan to get his career back on track.
The centre-back already feels overlooked under Conte and does not envisage getting much playing time.
The manager explained the situation on Friday (3 December) for the first time about why Rodon has only featured once – during the humiliating defeat to Mura – during his reign.
Get Exclusive transfers news at Football Insider's YouTube TV channel
Speaking at the pre-Norwich City media conference, Conte said he regards the Welshman as the back-up to Eric Dier for the role in the centre of the three centre-backs.
He effectively ruled him out playing on the right – where Davinson Sanchez and Japhet Tanganga are competing – or the left of three, currently held by Ben Davies.
That further reduces the playing time available to Rodon, as Dier is emerging as a key player under the new manager.
That is unlikely to change between now and the January window, when Spurs are expected to recruit at least one new centre-back.
Rodon has made just 20 appearances for Spurs since signing from Swansea City in October of last year for £11million rising to a potential £15m.