Chelsea have placed a £60million price tag on N’Golo Kante as Real Madrid register their interest in the midfielder, Football Insider understands.

As revealed by this site on Thursday, Frank Lampard is willing to let the 29-year-old leave this summer after being told he needs to sell players to fund a move for West Ham enforcer Declan Rice.

A source at Stamford Bridge has told Football Insider that Spanish giants Real Madrid and Italian heavyweights Inter Milan have both made approaches for Kante, although their pursuits are still at an early stage.

 

Rice, 21, is the Blues’ top target this summer but they need to raise funds after a record recruitment drive which has seen the likes of Timo Werner and Ben Chilwell join Lampard’s men.

Football Insider revealed earlier this week that Chelsea are set to make a fresh bid for the West Ham star in a cash-plus-player deal worth £70million.

It is understood that the money raised from Kante’s prospective exit would go towards getting the Hammers and England ace to Stamford Bridge.

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

The Frenchman, who joined the Blues from Leicester City back in 2016, suffered an injury-plagued 2019/20 campaign as ankle and hamstring problems left him sidelined for large parts of the season.

Kante has made a total of 170 appearances the club and has won both the Premier League and the FA Cup during his time in London.

He has three years left on his contract after he put pen to paper on a five-year deal back in 2018.

In other Chelsea news, it can be REVEALED that club have opened preliminary talks to sign goalkeeper who is valued at £45m.