West Ham are expecting a late-window signing blizzard as they press ahead with plans to strengthen their squad this month, Football Insider understands.

The Premier League club are hopeful of adding to the capture of goalkeeper Darren Randolph by recruiting in three other key positions.

A West Ham source has told Football Insider the club’s priority is to sign a central midfielder and they are confident of doing so by the 31 January cut-off.

The Hammers are also continuing to explore options to reinforce their attack and at full-back before the window shuts at the end of next week.

Randolph became the club’s first January signing when a protracted deal was completed last week for him to join from Middlesbrough.

He made his second Hammers debut in Saturday’s 1-1 draw against Everton and the club are now in advanced negotiations to loan out Roberto Jimenez to Spanish club Alaves.

The source explained any more deals are set to come later in the window when selling clubs make final decisions on whether to let their players go and at what price.

Following the departure of former director of football Mario Husillos, West Ham’s recruitment for this window is being spearheaded once again by co-owner David Sullivan.

He is working with various favoured agents on negotiations for multiple targets, with bids in for the likes of Stoke City’s Joe Allen and Genk’s Sander Berge.

West Ham have also had a loan enquiry for Chelsea’s Ross Barkley rebuffed but will make a fresh move for him next week.

In other West Ham news, Kevin Phillips has exclusively told Football Insider he “knows for a fact” club are trying to sign Hammers attacker.