Aaron Wan-Bissaka to go 'straight into Aston Villa XI' after deal agreed
Aaron Wan-Bissaka will be a strong signing for Aston Villa but only partially helps cover huge losses taken this summer.
That is the opinion of former senior Villa scout, Bryan King, speaking exclusively to Football Insider.
Football Insider exclusively revealed last Friday that Villa have agreed a deal to sign the West Ham 28-year-old, and he is joining on loan with an obligation to buy worth around £18million.
Wan-Bissaka is a massively experienced right-back and arrives to provide immediate defensive support for Villa.
Matty Cash has been linked with a move to Everton in recent days, but is expected to stay and compete with the new arrival, who will instead partially replace Ezri Konsa.
The defender is set to join Arsenal for a fee in the region of £51m, joining Youri Tielemans, Morgan Rogers and Lucas Digne in a string of key players to leave this summer.
'Aston Villa would have beaten PSG'
Despite the huge change at Villa this summer, the departures may not be over yet.
Zion Suzuki's arrival has opened the door for Emi Martinez's exit, and Ollie Watkins is heavily linked with a move to the Saudi Pro League.
Wan-Bissaka is a different signing to several of the other arrivals this summer, however, in the fact that he has huge Premier League experience.
"It's a good signing, and I'd certainly put him straight in. I just cannot understand getting rid of your best players before the start of the season," King told Football Insider.
"I think if they had Tielemans, if they'd had Rogers, if that had had Digne, Martinez, you know, if those players had been in the Villa side, I would have said Villa would have had a chance of beating Paris Saint-Germain [in the Super Cup] because they're also building pre-season, etc.
"Although they played some good football, they certainly weren't as impressive as they were in the final, were they? You know, it's that time of year, and I think Villa had a very good chance, if they'd have had all the best players instead of selling them all, of beating Paris Saint-Germain on the day."
Villa move to address latest hole
Konsa's departure was one that many Villa fans hoped would be avoided this summer, but it ultimately felt inevitable.
The defender showed no signs of a willingness to sign a new contract, and with just two years remaining, would have attracted a far lower fee next summer.
The departure provides Villa with yet another task, and they have moved to sign Taylor Harwood-Bellis from Southampton.
A bid worth more than £18m has reportedly been rejected for the young defender, but the Villans are expected to return.
