Crystal Palace’s updated Oliver Glasner sack plan, first-choice replacements named

Crystal Palace will sack Oliver Glasner if he cannot guide his team to wins in any of their next three to four games.

The Austrian has been under massive pressure this week, after the Eagles were held to a 1-1 draw by Bosnian team Zrinjski Mostar in the first leg of their Conference League play-off.

Glasner‘s team will host Wolves on Saturday, the first of several key games for his immediate future at Selhurst Park.

The 51-year-old is due to leave at the end of the season regardless, but Alan Nixon reported to his Patreon on Sunday that chairman Steve Parish will sack him if Palace remain winless in the next three to four games.

The Eagles will play the second leg of their Conference League play-off next week, before facing back-to-back trips to Man United and Tottenham.

Crystal Palace have main Oliver Glasner issue

Just last year, Glasner was lifting the FA Cup – the first major trophy in Palace history.

The Austrian was appointed in 2024 and, in just over a year, transformed the Eagles into a Premier League force.

Even at the start of this season, his side were a seriously difficult opponent for any team. It was they who handed Premier League champions Liverpool their first loss of the season in September, triggering a run of four straight defeats.

Oliver GlasnerCrystal Palace
Wins44
Draws28
Losses29
Scored166
Conceded128

Fast forward to Thursday, however, and Palace were licking their wounds from yet another match in which they’d failed to win.

The Eagles have won just one game since mid-December – beating only Brighton in 15 games across all competitions.

And after the Seagulls bounced back from their own dry period to win on Saturday, Glasner’s team are 14th in the Premier League and just seven points clear of the relegation zone.

The 51-year-old has gone close to being dismissed on several occasions in recent weeks, and is likely only surviving due to the circumstances surrounding both him and his potential replacement.

Bournemouth manager Andoni Iraola smiles
Credit: Imago

Nixon reported that Palace like Bournemouth’s Andoni Iraola and Fulham’s Marco Silva, but both managers are unavailable until the summer and may target bigger jobs if they depart.

Additionally, given their proximity to the relegation zone, it may be seen as too big a risk to put an interim boss in place until the summer.

Glasner’s comments fuel Palace pressure

Glasner has shared such a strong bond with the Palace fans while the team were thriving.

The Austrian was giving fans of the South London club experiences they had never enjoyed before, and they loved him for it.

It said everything about the events of the past few months that they called for him to be sacked on Thursday, however, and his comments on Saturday will not have helped.

“They can say and sing whatever they want,” Glasner said. “I know what I am doing. I would say the most important thing is stay humble. I think it’s the same for the fans.

“Stay humble. Never forget where you’re coming from. I think a few who are so critical in this situation are not humble anymore. Forget where you are coming from and usually in life you are punished for this.”