Liverpool would “seriously consider” a “substantial offer” for Naby Keita this summer.

That is the view of former Sunderland and England striker Kevin Phillips, speaking exclusively to Football Insider about the 26-year-old’s future at Anfield.

Keita was an unused substitute in Saturday’s 2-1 win over Aston Villa, having being hauled off before half-time in the midweek Champions League loss against Real Madrid.

Football Insider understands Leicester City are keeping tabs on the Guinea international ahead of the summer transfer window.

The Reds value the centre-midfielder, who has started just nine games this season because of injury, in the region of £30million.

When asked by Football Insider for his assessment of Keita’s future, Phillips said:

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

“If a substantial offer comes in I think Liverpool would seriously consider it.

“It just hasn’t worked out for Keita so far. He has had a lot of problems with injury and his form has been up and down.

“He has been too inconsistent for me. When you play for Liverpool, you need to be consistently good and he has not done that.

“If the right offer came in I think they would be tempted to sell and cut their losses.

“It would be a big decision to make but I think they would accept a substantial offer this summer.”

When speaking about Keita last summer, ex-Red Jamie Carragher, as quoted by The Sport Review, said: “We want to see more from this man.

“He’s a special talent. We’ve seen glimpses but we need more.”

In other news, a top pundit claims Klopp is “worried” one “world-class” Liverpool player has had “his head turned”.