Sources: Club have bid accepted for Rangers and Celtic target Thomas Henry
Gent have had an offer of £4.5million accepted by Leuven for Celtic and Rangers target Thomas Henry, Football Insider understands.
The Belgian side look to have beaten the Scottish duo to Henry, 26, after a breakthrough in talks.
An industry source told Football Insider the striker is in line to sign for Gent amid interest from several European clubs.
On 9th August, Football Insider revealed Henry is a top target for Rangers and Celtic as well as Premier League duo Southampton and Watford.
A day later, Henry’s UK representative, Paul Tait, told this site the Frenchman is in demand after starting the new Belgian season with a deluge of goals.
The striker has bagged three goals in the first three games of the new Belgian Pro League season.
Subscribe to Football Insider TV now
Overall, Henry has bagged 45 goals in 78 competitive appearances for Leuven.
Both Old Firm clubs may be in need of a new striker in the near future.
Celtic could yet lose Odsonne Edouard this summer amid Premier League interest.
Similarly, Rangers could lose Alfredo Morelos after an Ibrox source shared an update on his situation.
It is understood Rangers could now accept a lower fee than the £13million quoted to Porto for Morelos earlier this summer.
This comes after the club was dumped out of the Champions League by Malmo on Tuesday night.
The loss leaves a significant hole in Rangers’ finances with player sales the easiest way to raise funds quickly.
Henry is set to move from Leuven to Genk and, as it stands, up six places in the Belgian first division.
In a pure coincidence, the two sides face each other tomorrow night (14th August).