By Gabriel Agbonlahor

27th Sep, 2022 | 12:26pm

Agbonlahor lambasts Liverpool after source's Moises Caicedo reveal

Liverpool should wait until the end of the season before considering signing Moises Caicedo for “silly money”, according to Gabby Agbonlahor.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, the ex-Aston Villa and England attacker claimed Liverpool were “desperate” and “panicky” by already making a move for the 20-year-old.

Sources told Football Insider on Saturday (24 September) that the Reds and Chelsea both registered their interest in Caicedo in the summer transfer window.

It is understood that they will continue to monitor his progress at Brighton & Hove Albion this season as they look to bolster their midfield ranks next summer.

“It’s a bit panic stations from some clubs,” Agbonlahor told Football Insider correspondent Connor Whitley.

“Liverpool sound a bit desperate. Yes, he’s done well so far this season but can we not judge Caicedo after a whole season, not just a few up and down performances before we talk about a team of Liverpool’s stature trying to sign him?

Click below for exclusive transfer news

“I think it’s a bit panicky. Liverpool need to look at things less in terms of going for him in January, look at the end of the season and how his whole season has gone before they pay silly money for him.

“Yes, he has done well but how many games has he played so far this season where he’s been outstanding?”

Caicedo move to Brighton in February 2021 from Independiente del Valle for a reported £4.5million fee and has three years left to run on his contract at the Amex.

The Ecuador international has played 14 times in the Premier League and has started all six of Brighton’s top-flight games this term.

In other news, Liverpool have a secret weapon in the race to sign Jude Bellingham after a journalist’s update.