By Gabriel Agbonlahor

16th Nov, 2021 | 7:00pm

Leeds tipped to sign 'clinical striker' after confirmed £52.9m news - pundit

Leeds United should try and sign a “clinical striker” and a quality number 10 in the January transfer window, according to Gabby Agbonlahor.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, the ex-Aston Villa and England attacker delivered his verdict after Leeds confirmed the 49ers had increased their stake in the club.

The Whites confirmed (November 5) the 49ers now own 44 per cent of the club while Andrea Radrizzani, via Aser Ventures, maintains the remaining 56 per cent.

Leeds Live report the 49ers increasing their stake by seven per cent has coincided with £52.9 million worth of capital being issued to the club.

“You see a lot of Premier League clubs that are investing money now,” Agbonlahor told Football Insider correspondent Connor Whitley.

“I feel it will just help them in the January transfer window. Leeds are not a million miles away from breaking into Europe.

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

“They just need a bit more money to be spent. You look at Patrick Bamford being out, they could do with another striker, a clinical striker, and I think they can get one.

“Also a number 10, which they don’t have of any quality.

“They can’t just depend on Raphinha which they are doing at the moment, Daniel James and Harrison haven’t turned up to the party this season.

“A bit of investment is what is needed to give them that little push.”

Raphinha has scored five of Leeds’ 11 Premier League goals this season.

Only Norwich City with Teemu Pukki have been more reliant on one player to score the goals.

In other news, Kieran Maguire has revealed a third investor could join Radrizzani & the 49ers at Leeds United after a document reveal.