
Ange Postecoglou edges towards Crystal Palace appointment amid Oliver Glasner talks
Oliver Glasner could be about to lose his job at Crystal Palace imminently, with Ange Postecoglou in serious contention to take over.
Glasner is currently in ongoing talks with the club hierarchy over the possibility of bringing his stint in charge to a premature close, according to Fabrizio Romano.
The Eagles suffered another frustrating result in the UEFA Conference League on Thursday, as they were held to a 1-01 draw away at Bosnian side Zrinjski Mostar in the first leg of their play-off tie, and it looks set to have major implications for Glasner.
The Austrian has been under serious pressure in recent weeks, and it now looks likely that he could be about to lose his job at Selhurst Park well in advance of his intended summer exit.
- Read More: Odds slashed: Premier League sack race takes new twist today after Oliver Glasner development
Ange Postecoglou now among favourites to take over at Crystal Palace
Postecoglou has been out of work since his ill-fated spell at Nottingham Forest was brought to a close back in October.
The Australian failed to win any of his eight games in charge of the East Midlands outfit and was quickly subjected to his second dismissal within a few months, after he was also axed by Tottenham last summer.
The 60-year-old has been a divisive character across the clubs that he has managed, but he has still achieved plenty of success, having led Spurs to their first major trophy in 17 years with their Europa League triumph last term.
Postecoglou has been linked with several different jobs since he left the City Ground, and he has now taken a step towards potentially being appointed at Crystal Palace, with Glasner’s future looking increasingly bleak.
He has now seen his odds cut to become the fifth favourite to be the Eagles’ next permanent boss, with one major bookmaker currently pricing him at odds of 12/1.

Robbie Keane is currently the leading candidate to take the reins at Selhurst Park next, while Glasner’s assistant Paddy McCarthy is also thought to be in serious contention.
Postecoglou has already hinted that he would take the Crystal Palace job
Postecoglou has been in the headlines recently after his appearances on The Overlap podcast, alongside Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher and the rest of the team.
The former Celtic boss spoke at length about his recent jobs within the Premier League and was extremely critical of his own decision to accept the chance to manage Nottingham Forest.
“It (joining Forest) was my mistake. It’s no one else’s fault,” Postecoglou said during the podcast.
“It was the first time I hadn’t worked in 20-odd years, and I was lost.”
He ruled himself out of the reckoning for the Celtic job during the interview, as he suggested that he doesn’t want to go back to previous jobs from earlier in his career, but his comments on Forest hint at the fact the would take the chance to manage Palace if it was offered to him.
The fact that Postecoglou says he felt lost during his time before his role at the City Ground surely suggests that he has little desire to be out of the dugout for long.
With that in mind, if were to be met with a serious approach from the Eagles, then it could easily see him jump at the chance to step in.