By Russell Edge
Everton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin has said he was left upset after being ruled out through injury, but insists he will be pushing harder than ever next season.
The French midfielder was a winter transfer window signing by Ronald Koeman, arriving at Goodison Park for a fee which could rise to £24m, as reported by the BBC.
He went straight into Koeman’s starting XI, making his debut in an impressive 4-0 win over Manchester City.
However, injuries in both March and April have limited his game time, and the 27-year-old has admitted he has been left feeling disappointed to have not been playing.
He told the Liverpool Echo: “It was a little injury even though it ruled me out.
“It was a bit upsetting but football can be like this.
Schneiderlin made his return from his latest injury in their 1-0 win over Watford on Friday, with their penultimate Premier League fixture also their last at Goodison Park for this season.
Looking forward to the next campaign, which will see Everton welcome the return of European football, the central midfielder insists he will be pushing himself as hard as he can ahead of what is bound to be a gruelling season.
“I can push even harder physically to have a good season next year,” Schneiderlin told the Liverpool Echo.
“My body feels good.”
So far this season the midfielder has made 13 appearances in the Premier league for the Toffees, scoring his first goal for the club in a 3-0 win over West Brom back in March.
In other Everton transfer news, the club are close to sealing the deal on a £5m transfer.