Darren Bent has suggested that Hugo Lloris’ injury is worse than first feared by Tottenham after they confirmed they had re-signed of Michel Vorm.
Speaking exclusively to Football Insider assistant editor Russell Edge, the former Spurs and England striker says that the Dutchman’s return to north London may point to the French shot-stopper spending a significant amount of time on the sidelines after his injury setback.
Spurs announced the signing of Vorm on a season-long deal earlier this week, with Paulo Gazzaniga very likely to take Lloris’ place in the starting XI.
Welcome back, @Vorm_Official!
— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) October 14, 2019
Bent suggests that Lloris’ injury, which came in the Lilywhites’ shock 3-0 defeat to Brighton, may suggest that the tests carried about by Spurs mean they feel the need to bring in long-term cover.
Asked if he thought things were worse than expected, Bent told Football Insider: “Maybe, yeah. It was disgusting. I can’t watch it, I watched it once when it happened. It was awful and I mean awful.
“You need experience, it seems nowadays people are going for a lot of younger guys and for me experience is key. For me it’s a great signing.”
Vorm, 35, played just 45 times for Spurs in five years at the north London giants and left the club at the end of his contract this summer.
A 15-cap international for the Netherlands, he has over 100 Premier League appearances under his belt during his time at Swansea City and Tottenham as well as Champions League experience.