By support

23rd Aug, 2017 | 12:10pm

Guillem Balague delivers Coutinho update that will delight Liverpool fans

By Harvey Byrne

Sky Sports journalist Guillem Balague has told on Twitter on Wednesday that Barcelona are focusing on Ousmane Dembele and Angel Di Maria, rather than Liverpool star Philippe Coutinho.

The Catalan giants have been heavily pursuing the 25-year-old Brazilian since the sale of star Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain earlier in the window.

Sky Sports even reported on Wednesday morning that the La Liga club were planning to launch a fourth mega-money £138million bid for the Reds star.

However, Balague has told his followers via his personal Twitter account on Wednesday that Barcelona can’t afford all of Coutinho, Dembele, Di Maria and Jean Michael Seri, so they are putting their focus on the Borussia Dortmund and PSG flyers.

Liverpool fans will of course be delighted to hear that Barcelona are turning their attentions away from their key player with a sale at this stage of the window probably coming too late for the Reds despite the potential money received.

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

Supporters will also be desperate to see their club keep hold of their key player as they aim to repeat last season’s fourth place Premier League finish and even bettering it while also competing in the Champions League.

In other Liverpool transfer news, a Premier League side are eyeing this 27-year-old Reds outcast.

We’ve launched a << BREAKING NEWS FEED>> exclusively for your club. ‘Like Us’ on Facebook by clicking here if you want 24/7 updates on all Liverpool breaking news.