Harry Forrester reacts on Twitter to devastating Rangers news
By Alex Stevens
Harry Forrester has revealed his “devastation” at being ruled out of Sunday’s Old Firm showdown.
The winger will miss the Scottish Cup semi-final showdown against Celtic with an injury that is likely to keep him out for the rest of the season.
Rangers announced on Wednesday afternoon that has suffered a hairline fracture and will be out “for a number of weeks”.
Forrester took to Twitter to express his frustration at being sidelined for the biggest match of Rangers’ season to date.
“Devastated to be missing Sunday and longer. Thank you for all the messages,” said Forrester.
Subscribe to Football Insider TV now
The 25-year-old has scored five goals in 16 games for Rangers since arriving in December from lowly Doncaster and confirmation of his injury comes just 24 hours after he signed a new three-year contract.
Devastated to be missing Sunday and longer. Thank you for all the messages! ?? pic.twitter.com/8QXq7X91x5
— Harry Forrester (@harry_forrester) April 13, 2016
— Rangers FC (@RangersFC) April 13, 2016
Forrester limped off with an injury in last weekend’s 4-0 Petrofac Cup win against Peterhead, with the player claiming afterwards that it was a minor problem.
But Rangers said in a statement on their website: “Harry Forrester has been ruled out of this weekend’s Scottish Cup semi-final.
“It had been hoped Harry would have recovered quickly but a scan on Tuesday afternoon has revealed a hairline fracture and he will be out of action for a number of weeks.”
In other Rangers news, former Celtic midfielder Craig Burley has given a withering assessment of the significance of the Old Firm fixture.