By support

2nd Nov, 2017 | 3:08pm

Rangers reported managerial candidate responds to speculation

By James Black

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes has rejected claims he is set to be the next Rangers manager by insisting his job is still at Pittodrie.

McInnes is favourite to replace Pedro Caixinha at Ibrox and is reported by the Scottish Sun claims to be their No 1 target.

However the 46-year-old has moved to distance himself from the discussions over the managerial vacancy at his old club.

McInnes’ Aberdeen face Hamilton this weekend as they look to close the one-point gap at the top of the Scottish Premiership, and he has asserted that he is fully focused on the task in hand.

“As I said last week, my job is here and I’m not here to talk about speculation,” McInnes said, as quoted by the Scottish Sun website.

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

Since taking over at Pittodrie, McInnes has led the Dons to three consecutive second-place finishes in the Scottish Premiership and lifted the club’s first trophy in 20 years when he won the Scottish League Cup in 2015.

Graeme Murty has take interim control of the Gers following Pedro Caixinha’s sacking and took the Light Blues to a 3-1 win over Hearts at Murrayfield last weekend.

Murty is expected to be in the dugout on Saturday when Rangers take on Partick Thistle in their final game before the international break.

It’s the second time in 2017 Murty has taken interim charge of the Ibrox giants after also stepping up to take the first-team in the wake of Mark Warburton’s resignation in February.

In other Rangers news, an Ibrox legend was delighted to see Kenny Miller back in the starting XI.

We’ve launched a << BREAKING NEWS FEED>> exclusively for your club. ‘Like Us’ on Facebook by clicking here if you want 24/7 updates on all Rangers breaking news