By Kieran Maguire

23rd Dec, 2021 | 4:00pm

Kieran Maguire: Leeds chief Radrizzani may seal bargain deal by 31 December amid news from Italy

Leeds United owner Andrea Radrizani will be considering a last-minute swoop to buy Serie A club Salernitana.

So says finance guru Kieran Maguire, speaking exclusively to Football Insider about the latest news surrounding the embattled Italian outfit.

Salernitana, who were promoted to the Italian top-flight last season, are owned by controversial Italian entrepreneur Claudio Lotito.

But Lotito also has a majority stake in fellow side Serie A side Lazio, and that violates the league’s conflict of interest rules.

Per the Daily Mail on Wednesday (22 December), Salernitana have until 31 December to find a new owner or they will be expelled from the division.

Speaking to Italian outlet Panorama last Thursday (16 December), Radrizzani confirmed that he had bid to buy the club in summer this year.

Click below for exclusive transfer news

The sports media mogul never received a response from Lotito, but Maguire suggests that he could now be tempted by a second takeover attempt.

He told Football Insider‘s Adam Williams: “Salernitana are in a fire sale scenario, and a fire sale comes at discount prices.

“There will be a number of people circling round, some of whom will be tyre kickers, some of whom will be more serious.

“Radrizzani has the experience of running a football club, which is beneficial.

“I am sure he will be considering all options with regards to this but his main focus will still be on Leeds United regardless of the outcome.”

Radrizzani owns 56 per cent of Leeds, while San Francisco 49ers are expanding their power base and now own the remaining 44 per cent.

The club’s value could nosedive in the event of relegation, which is a real possibility with the Whites currently 16th in the league table.

In other news, Leeds United line up John Swift move after £7m asking price plummets.