
Man City’s true stance on Jack Grealish transfer revealed by top source
Man City are unlikely to have conceded that Jack Grealish must be sent out on loan next season.
This is according to former Man City financial adviser Stefan Borson, who exclusively told Football Insider that the Citizens may look to still get a permanent deal for the winger in the coming transfer window.
The 30-year-old is out on contract at the Etihad next year and has been out of Pep Guardiola’s plan for some time.
Grealish had been having a successful loan spell at Everton this campaign before an injury ended his season in January.
Jack Grealish has confirmed on his Instagram that he will miss the remainder of the season following surgery for a foot stress fracture 🚨 pic.twitter.com/a1wfuerAXA
— Sky Sports Premier League (@SkySportsPL) February 9, 2026
Stefan Borson: Man City won’t have sanctioned Jack Grealish loan yet
Going into the summer, time is running out for Man City to make any money back on Grealish.
The Toffees reportedly have a £50million option to buy at the end of the campaign. However, this looks extremely unlikely to be activated.
As a result, Man City are reportedly looking to send the winger out on loan in the summer and cut their losses.
However, speaking exclusively to Football Insider, Borson does not believe the Citizens have already reached this conclusion.
Teammates and opponents were quick to show their support for Jack Grealish after he announced his season is over due to injury 💙 pic.twitter.com/cvmlJqtA6h
— Premier League (@premierleague) February 10, 2026
He said: “Well, I suggested to a journalist who said he had an excellent source that confirmed that Manchester City had already conceded that the only way they could get rid of Jack Greelish, who was finally over his contract, was to loan him out.
“I had the audacity to suggest that that really just can’t be true, as of 10 February, when I think it was.
“And I stand by that. I can’t believe that a club would make a decision that says, ‘we now no longer need a permanent deal’, and ‘we’re effectively prepared to accept a loan now for his final year’. What that translates to, almost certainly, is no fee at all.
“And let’s say the best you’re going to do is somebody to pay his wages. So it would effectively confirm that you write off the final year of his amortisation, and your only upside is that you’ve managed to get somebody to pay his wages.
“So from a profit and loss perspective, you still wear £15m of amortisation. From a profit loss, but also a squared cost ratio equation, and obviously also in terms of the amortisation cost.
“I’m just very sceptical as to whether that’s something that anybody would accept.”
- Read more: Curtis Jones and Erling Haaland send Jack Grealish messages as season-ending injury update shared
Is anyone currently interested in Grealish?
Despite his injury, many clubs have currently interested in the Man City outcast.
Football Insider recently revealed that Everton were eyeing a price-cut deal for Grealish, and could look to acquire the England international for £20m.
However, there are plenty of other Premier League clubs in the race, with his performances this season attracting interest.
Nevertheless, it remains to be seen what happens with Grealish once the summer transfer window comes around.
Read more about Jack Grealish’s future with our expert team at Goodison News.