Man United fans all say same thing about Carlos Baleba after his Brighton performance vs Aston Villa

Man United fans have urged their club not to sign Carlos Baleba from Brighton this summer after his latest poor performance against Aston Villa.

Baleba was linked to Man United throughout last summer as reports of Brighton‘s £100million valuation of his services emerged.

The Cameroon international had shone under Fabian Hurzeler throughout 2024-25, but his performances have not reached similar levels so far this term.

He has started 18 of their 26 league games so far this season, with the Seagulls struggling for form and sitting just seven points from the relegation zone in 14th as it stands.

Baleba has remained on the Red Devils’ radar ahead of the summer transfer window, after they decided not to move for him in January, but many of their supporters do not want to see him move to Old Trafford anytime soon.

Carlos Baleba could sign for Manchester United as he pumps his fist in the air
Credit: Manh Tung, Breaking Media

United fans not keen on Carlos Baleba after his poor performance against Aston Villa

Baleba started in the middle of the park as Villa hosted Brighton on Wednesday night, but immediately put himself on the back foot by getting booked in the second minute for a bad foul on Morgan Rogers.

The 22-year-old also seemed to injure himself during that tackle, and was arguably lucky not to have seen red in the eighth minute after a late challenge on Amadou Onana.

He went on to touch the ball 23 times and made just four accurate passes from seven attempted before being hooked off by Hurzeler in the 22nd minute.

United fans flocked to X to react to Baleba’s performance, with many taking it as a sign that he is not good enough to be a marquee signing for them come the summer.

One supporter wrote: “Those United links seem to have absolutely done that lad Baleba in. His form has been nonexistent since. He looks like a different player now, I’d honestly not be going near him.

While another added: “He’s a completely different player this season. Wouldn’t be going anywhere near this transfer. £100m is an absolute joke. Far better value to be had in Europe.

And one United fan said: “Christ, Carlos Baleba absolutely disastrous tonight. Booked within the first 2 mins, lucky to avoid a red card, hooked after 20 mins. I’m really not sure he should be top of the midfield shortlist anymore. Not at the price Brighton will want, anyway.

Which other midfielders are on United’s radar for this summer?

United are set to be in the market for numerous new central midfielders ahead of next season, especially after Casemiro recently announced that he is set to leave at the end of this campaign.

Sources have told Football Insider that the Red Devils will prioritise midfielders in the summer, with Elliot Anderson and Adam Wharton known to be on their radar alongside Baleba.

Elliot Anderson running while playing for Nottingham Forest
Credit: IMAGO

Nottingham Forest star Anderson is believed to be at the top of their list, but numerous factors, including their Premier League survival and his World Cup performances, are set to dictate what happens ahead of next season.