By Harvey Byrne
Southend boss Phil Brown has told that he would still be interested in Rangers attacker Harry Forrester, but a deal is thought to be unlikely after reports that they had revived their interest.
Press Association reporter Nick Mashiter claimed on his personal Twitter account on Friday that the English League One club had revived their long-term interest in the Gers 26-year-old.
— Nick Mashiter (@nickmashiter) July 21, 2017
Naturally, Brown was asked about the English attacker, who the Daily Record had previously claimed had been banished by manager Pedro Caixinha at Ibrox.
The outspoken former Hull boss was also open with his answer, stating that he would be attracted to making another move for the Rangers man, but he also told that he has now spent money for a wideman in Michael Kightly this summer and that he is prioritising other positions.
“Harry poured cold water on it but if we could rekindle it then of course I would still be interested,” said Brown, as quoted by the Southend Echo.
“But we’ve spent our money in that area now with Michael Kightly and we need a centre-back and a holding midfielder more than anything else.”
Forrester completed a move to Rangers in January 2015 on an initial six-month deal from Yorkshire-based side Doncaster.
He played a key part in helping the Gers over the finish line and returning to the Premiership in his opening months for the club, returning four goals and one assist in 11 appearances.
However, last season he managed just three goals and two assists in 28 encounters in all competitions and he could be on the move this summer as he enters the final two years of his contract.
In other Rangers transfer news, a manager of an English club has also responded to reported interest in this Gers midfielder.