Tottenham boss

Paul Robinson has tipped Paul Gazzaniga to leave Tottenham this window after he was left out of the matchday squad that lose to Everton on Sunday.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider correspondent Dylan Childs, the former England number one suggested that Jose Mourinho’s decision to name Joe Hart on the bench rather than Gazzaniga, 28, was an ominous sign for the latter.

Hart signed a two-year deal at Spurs last month after he was released by Burnley and it looks like the 75-time England international will be Hugo Lloris’ understudy this season.

The Evening Standard claim that the club are willing to listen to offers for Gazzaniga, who is of interest to recently-promoted Fulham, as they look to raise funds for further transfer activity.

The Argentinian proved a more than adequate goalkeeper for Spurs when the Lloris missed a significant period of last year out with a dislocated elbow.

When asked by Football Insider if he expected Gazzaniga to still be at the club on 6 October, Robinson said:

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

“Joe Hart made the bench against Everton so he clearly has not be brought there as a number three to make the number ups. For him that is a very good sign.

“It probably looks like the door will be open for Gazzaniga to move on this summer. He did OK when he came in last year and I thought it would probably take Joe a couple of weeks to unseat him, if you like.

“The fact that Joe has gone straight on the bench would suggest that Gazzaniga is on his way.”

Gazzaniga has made 37 appearances for the North London-club since his arrival from Southampton in 2017.

He has two year remaining on his current contract with the Lilywhites.

In other Tottenham news, Paul Robinson has told Football Insider that development in Everton loss “is a very worrying sign” for 24-year-old.