By Frank McAvennie

7th Nov, 2022 | 2:31pm

Pundit suggests Son Heung-min close to Tottenham comeback after twist in last 24 hours

Frank McAvennie has suggested Son Heung-min could return sooner than expected for Tottenham.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, the former West Ham striker is hopeful Son will be fit enough to feature in the World Cup.

As quoted by the Mirror (6 November), Antonio Conte is “confident” the 30-year-old will be fit in time to feature in Qatar.

The South Korea international sustained four fractures around his left eye during Spurs’ 2-1 win over Marseille on Tuesday (1 November).

The attacker had surgery on Friday (4 November) and missed the Lilywhites’ 2-1 defeat to Liverpool on Sunday (6 November).

But McAvennie suggested Son may not be out for too long.

Click below for exclusive transfer news

I fractured my skull and they said I was going to be out for a while but I was only out for about three weeks, so, from what I know, Son could be back soon,” he told Football Insider.

Any team would miss Son. He took it like a man when he get dropped.

He did not get rotated he got dropped and the manager told him he was not doing it. Then he came back and scored three and has been back on track.

That is sometimes what you need. I feel for him. It will be a shame if he has to miss the World Cup because that is the kind of player you want to see there.

Son has made 19 appearances for Spurs so far this season.

In those outings he has scored five goals and provided two assists.

In other news, a Tottenham idol has issued two-word verdict on Son Heung-min quitting as three interested clubs named.