By support

12th Nov, 2017 | 3:46pm

Euro boss snubs Everton as yet another frontrunner for the job emerges - report

By Guy Giles

Watford boss Marco Silva has told Everton he is not interested in their vacant managerial position, with Burnley boss Sean Dyche again the frontrunner for the job, according to a report.

The Times claim that Silva has told the Toffees he is not interested in moving jobs so soon after taking the reins at Watford, despite odds being slashed dramatically on the Portuguese becoming the next boss on Saturday.

This has left the club to mull a move for Burnley’s Dyche, who was the original favourite for the job when Ronald Koeman was sacked three weeks ago.

However, the Toffees would have to pay a significant compensation fee to the Clarets after Dyche signed a contract extension last year.

It is reported that the club’s board are split over the decision, with chairman Bill Kenwright keen for caretaker manager David Unsworth to be given a chance, and owner Farhad Moshiri wanting to try and lure someone a bit more glamorous to Goodison Park.

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

Caretaker manager Unsworth was promoted from his job in charge of the club’s U23s, but has overseen a disastrous run of three losses and two cup exits.

However, a rousing 3-2 comeback win over Silva’s Watford last time out boosted the former Toffees’ defender’s chances of taking the job on a permanent basis.

In other Everton news, this first-team star has revealed he is in the dark over his future at the club.

We’ve launched a << BREAKING NEWS FEED>> exclusively for your club. ‘Like Us’ on Facebook by clicking here if you want 24/7 updates on all Everton breaking news.