Sky: Joe Hart to be sold by Manchester City in next two weeks
By Alex Stevens
Joe Hart is set to leave Manchester City in the next fortnight, according to a report.
Sky Sports News claimed in a live broadcast on Tuesday afternoon, which was subsequently covered on their website, that the England goalkeeper will be offloaded by the Premier League club before the transfer window shuts.
It is said that “two sources” have told them that manager Pep Guardiola has made up his mind to cash in on the 29-year-old two years after he signed a long-term contract.
“The information coming to us from two separate sources is that Joe Hart’s time at Manchester City is coming to an end, with the likelihood being that he will move on in this transfer window,” reporter Vinny O’Connor said on Sky Sports News shortly after 5pm on Tuesday evening.
With just two weeks left before the window shuts on 31 August, it appears that Hart has played his final game for the club he been at for the last 10 years.
Subscribe to Football Insider TV now
This comes as The Mirror claim Barcelona goalkeeper Claudio Bravo, 33, will travel to England this week to finalise a transfer to City after agreeing personal terms the Premier League club.
It is said City are haggling over the fee but are now close to the Nou Camp club’s £21.5million valuation and are confident of registering Bravo for their Champions League campaign.
Bravo’s reportedly impending arrival at Etihad Stadium appears to spell doom for Hart, 29, who was axed for City’s Premier League opener against Sunderland on Saturday.
The Mirror claimed on Monday morning that Everton are keen to make Hart their first-choice goalkeeper even though they have already signed Maarten Stekelenburg from Southampton this summer.
Bravo arrived at Barca in 2014 when boss Luis Enrique took over, but has since lost the battle for the No.1 jersey to Marc-Andre ter Stegen.
The Telegraph state Hart was dropped on the weekend because he doesn’t fit Guardiola’s ideal of a sweeper-keeper, and that Hart now fears he will be leaving the Manchester club.
The Sun claimed earlier this summer that Everton are willing to pay £40million to land the Manchester City ace as well as offer him a five-year contract worth £200,000-a-week.
The astonishing package said to have been put together by Everton’s super-rich new owner Farhad Moshiri is worth £92million in total.
Hart, 29, joined City from Shrewsbury in 2006 and has been a mainstay of the Premier League team during the Abu Dhabi era.
He is a firm favourite with City supporters for his leadership and commitment, and was a key player in the side that won Premier League titles in 2012 and 2014.
In other Everton transfer news, these are the offers the Toffees will have to make to land Southampton duo.