
Sources: Leeds United have clear Dan James transfer plan amid injury latest
Leeds United have no plans to offload winger Dan James at the end of the season despite another injury concern, sources have told Football Insider.
The 28-year-old has been plagued by hamstring problems throughout the 2025-26 campaign, but Daniel Farke is still understood to be a keen admirer of the quality that he brings.
Leeds have seen an upturn in results with a 3-5-2 formation in recent months, and sources say that is providing a conundrum for the boss at the moment, as he tries to work out how he can fit James into the XI.
The wideman missed Sunday’s victory away at Birmingham City in the FA Cup through injury, and Farke is hoping to get him back fit and firing as quickly as possible.

What has Daniel Farke said about Dan James’ injury?
James had finally begun to reach the final stages of his recovery from the hamstring problem that kept him out of action for a large portion of the first half of the season.
The former Manchester United man made late cameo appearances from the bench in the recent Premier League clashes with Nottingham Forest and Chelsea, which served as his first minutes since 29 November.
| Stats | James Total |
| Apps | 12 |
| Starts | 4 |
| Minutes | 372 |
| Goal Contributions | – |
| Games Missed | 14 |
He had been expected to continue building his way back towards full fitness by playing a part in the cup clash with Birmingham last weekend, but Farke ruled him out of the game in the final moments.
The German revealed after the clash at St Andrew’s that James had felt pain in his back the day before the encounter and had endured difficulties sprinting, so he was left out of the squad as a result.

It remains to be seen how long he may potentially face on the sidelines, but it is doubtful that he will be ready in time for the trip to face Aston Villa on Saturday.
Lorenzo Pellgrini to Leeds deal could take huge twist
Football Insider revealed last week that Newcastle have now joined the race to sign Roma midfielder Lorenzo Pellegrini in the summer, after Leeds have shown a keen interest in recent months.
Reports in Italy have suggested that the Magpies are currently leading the race to secure the signature of the 29-year-old, who is set to leave the Italian capital club as a free agent at the end of the campaign.
The Whites are keen to throw their hat in the ring as a potential suitor for the 37-cap international, but are now expected to face competition from several top Premier League sides, who are preparing to exploit his contract situation.
Pellegrini is a man who is still attracting plenty of attention at Elland Road at the moment, but the increasing competition could yet see the West Yorkshire outfit beaten to a deal.
For more expert analysis on the future of Leeds’ biggest stars, check out MOT Leeds News.