'That's Huge' - Exclusive: Top pundit wowed by blockbuster Newcastle deal
Newcastle United fans will be bouncing that Allan Saint-Maximin has signed a new long-term contract, according to Michael Brown.
Speaking exclusively to Football Insider assistant editor Russell Edge, the former Tottenham and Sheffield United midfielder said that Steve Bruce is getting the best out of the winger.
Newcastle confirmed last week that the 23-year-old has signed a new six-year contract that will keep him at the club until 2026.
2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣6️⃣#NUFC are thrilled to announce that Allan Saint Maximin has signed a new six-year contract!
Delighted to have you signed up, @asaintmaximin! ⚫️⚪️
— Newcastle United FC (@NUFC) October 14, 2020
Bruce told NUFC TV after Saint-Maximin committed his future that he has “the world at his feet”.
He added: “We’ve all seen what an impact he’s had certainly in the 12 months he’s been here – he’s been excellent, so long may that continue.”
Asked by Football Insider what he made of Saint-Maximin’s impact, Brown said: “He’s shown flashes of brilliance at times.
Subscribe to Football Insider TV now
“He’s exciting, he gets you off your seat.
“A six-year-deal, that’s a huge commitment. They obviously see his heading in the right direction and Steve Bruce is certainly getting the best out of him.
“It seems to be a much better situation at Newcastle United and something like that will obviously please a lot of the Newcastle United supporters.
“Somebody that they like to watch is getting that reward and wants to sign it.”
Saint-Maximin moved to Newcastle from French side Nice last summer and provided 11 goal contributions in 30 games in his first season.
This campaign, the Frenchman has featured in all but one of his side’s Premier League games.
He put in a dazzling display against Burnley before the international break where he scored and provided an assist in Newcastle’s 3-1 win.
In other Newcastle United news, Danny Mills has been left worried by a critical update from the Times.