
Tottenham backed to make Morgan Rogers move by top source, summer spending spree on the cards
Tottenham have been backed to spend big in the summer, with a potential move for Aston Villa’s Morgan Rogers not ruled out.
That is according to former Everton, Aston Villa and Aberdeen chief executive Keith Wyness, who exclusively told Football Insider that Daniel Levy’s departure at Spurs will likely see them be more aggressive in the transfer market.
Tottenham are in dire need of reinforcements in the summer and are in serious danger of being relegated to the Championship this season.
🏴🥶 This finish from Morgan Rogers (23) against Bournemouth. 💥 pic.twitter.com/hFWC3qja4k
— EuroFoot (@eurofootcom) February 9, 2026
- Read more: Mauricio Pochettino could ‘convince’ Harry Kane to re-sign for Tottenham in sensational move
Keith Wyness: Tottenham need to bring in marquee players
In recent times, the number of quality players Tottenham possess has been drastically reduced.
Stars such as Harry Kane and Son Heung-min have departed the North London club, leaving them short on top players in their front line.
Tottenham have long been linked to Rogers, who has continued his sensational form at Aston Villa this season.
Now, speaking on the new edition of Football Insider’s Inside Track podcast, Wyness explained that the 23-year-old is the type of player Spurs need to be looking at in the summer.
Effortlessly Morgan Rogers 🥶 pic.twitter.com/kLa2t8Tila
— Aston Villa (@AVFCOfficial) December 21, 2025
He said: “I think they have to spend in the summer. I think this is something they’ve really got to do. I think that Spurs, the whole reason I think of the shift away from Daniel Levy was that they now feel they’ve got to get more aggressive.
“I don’t think Daniel [Levy] had been seen as being that aggressive in terms of getting it right on the pitch. So they’re going to have to show that they can do a better job. That means spending big bucks.
“And they’ve always been spending in the sort of mid-level with players, never really pushed the boat out. And now I think we’re going to have to see some marquee signings.
“We talked about Morgan Rogers. That’s the sort of quality that we’re talking about Spurs having to go for now to really get going.
🚨✈️ Tottenham new coach Igor Tudor, on his way to London today to start his new chapter at #THFC on Monday.
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) February 15, 2026
Exclusive pic here with his agent Anthony Serić, destination London. pic.twitter.com/AsJehrb4At
“Ever since the days of Harry Kane, there’s been no real marquee Spurs player that’s come in, and they’ve got to get one or two at least of those sorts of quality players in
there.
“There’s been talk of Harry [Kane] coming back to White Hart Lane even, but I don’t
think that’s going to happen. But I do think they’re going to have to push the boat out,
certainly. And we’ll see how Spurs handle that search.”
How much will Aston Villa want for Morgan Rogers?
Currently, it is unknown how much Aston Villa would want if they were to part ways with Rogers.
The winger has been one of their key players for years, and currently has 13 goal contributions in 26 Premier League matches this season.
On top of this, if Villa qualify for the Champions League this season, it would no doubt strengthen the Birmingham outfit’s hold on Rogers.
Previously speaking to Football Insider, Wyness believes that Villa could demand £100million for Rogers if he is selected in the England squad for the World Cup this summer.
“Well, if he does make the squad, which we believe he will do for the World Cup and he has a good World Cup, then he’s a £100m player straight away,” said Wyness.
“There will be a lot of interest in Morgan Rogers. He’s got the right attitude, the skills, he’s the right age, everything works.
“If he has that sort of World Cup notoriety with it as well, it’s £100m all day long.”
Read more about Tottenham’s pursuit of Rogers from our expert team at Tottenham Hotspur News.