Tottenham will keep Lucas Moura this summer after Conte move - expert

By John Wenham

2nd May, 2022 | 1:30pm

Tottenham expert shares 'certain' Lucas Moura transfer verdict after confirmed news

Lucas Moura will stay at Tottenham this summer after being given a “show of faith” by Antonio Conte.

That is according to Spurs insider John Wenham, who regularly breaks news about the club on his Lilywhite Rose social media channels.

Moura, 29, made his first league start since 13 February as Tottenham beat Leicester 3-1 on Sunday (1 May).

A Tottenham source told Football Insider last month (26 March) that Spurs have no plans to offload the Brazilian this summer despite falling behind Dejan Kulusevski in the pecking order.

Wenham is expecting Steven Bergwijn to leave the club instead of Moura this summer.

“Kulusevski not starting was okay with me,” Wenham told Football Insider correspondent Ben Wild.

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

“People forget he barely played for Juventus and he has barely missed a minute since he’s been here so he needed a rest.

“I like Lucas Moura as a player and I had no issues with him coming in. It was a real show of faith from Conte as well.

“I rate him highly. In short, we will get more money for Bergwijn this summer and they are fairly similar players.

“Of the two of them, I’m certain Lucas is the one to keep. How many memorable moments does he have to his name?

“Even though he didn’t get a goal or anything yesterday, it seems to me he will be the one who stays.”

Moura has made 42 total appearances for Spurs this season.

He has scored six goals and provided seven assists.

In other news, a source has revealed Tottenham have opened 21-year-old contract talks amid ‘huge’ reveal.