Tottenham told to contact lawyers amid 'really concerning' Sergio Reguilon update -expert
Sergio Reguilon and Harry Winks may both return to Tottenham in January amid speculation over the futures of their respective loan moves.
That is according to Spurs expert John Wenham, who regularly breaks news about the club on his Lilywhite Rose social media channels.
On Monday (21 November), Estadio Deportivo reported that Atletico Madrid will try to terminate Reguilon’s loan deal during the January transfer window.
The 25-year-old defender has only made one appearance for the club so far this season, totalling 21 minutes of action.
Similarly, Winks, who is on loan at Sampdoria, has yet to play for his loan club.
Wenham fears both men will be back at Hotspur Way earlier than expected.
Click below for exclusive transfer news
“I have seen really concerning reports that Atletico Madrid are going to terminate Sergio Reguilon’s loan deal early and that Sampdoria are going to do the same with Harry Winks,” Wenham told Football Insider correspondent Ben Wild.
“So we are having these players potentially sent back to us. Then we have all of that work of loaning them out again because Conte has made it abundantly clear they are not in his plans.
“On Reguilon, he has had injuries and having Atletico Madrid on your CV is never a bad thing, whether you played for them or not.
“Winks is a bigger problem because he has gone over there and hasn’t been able to get fit all season. Who are we shipping him to?
“Who’s coming in for him now?
“We need to speak to the Tottenham lawyers and hope they have done good work with these deals and have made it very hard for these clubs to send the players back.”