Chelsea boss Antonio Conte says his side need to be wary of Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah ahead of tomorrow’s Premier League showdown.
The Premier League champions travel to Anfield in Saturday’s late kick-off and go into the game three points ahead of Jurgen Klopp’s side in this season’s title race.
However, Conte has acknowledged the attacking threat posed by all of Liverpool’s front players, especially former Chelsea star Salah.
“We must pay great attention not only to Salah, but also to (Sadio) Mane, (Roberto) Firmino, Philippe Coutinho, (Daniel) Sturridge,” said Conte, as quoted by Sky Sports.
“Salah is a good player and is very dangerous. He’s a technical player, but at the same time he is very fast, very strong and very good in one v one situations. He’s also a very good finisher.”
Salah is the Premier League’s leading scorer so far this season with nine goals.
He has been in outstanding form for Liverpool since joining from Roma in the summer, scoring 14 times in 19 appearances in all competitions.
The 25-year-old experienced his first taste of English football when he joined Chelsea from Swiss side Basel in January 2014, but failed to make an impact.
The Egyptian international spent two seasons out on loan in Italy before joining Roma on a permanent deal in 2016, where he scored 15 goals in 31 league appearances last season.
Salah has continued his fine goal scoring form for Liverpool this season. He scored twice in his last Premier League game against Southampton at the weekend, including a brilliant long-range effort in the 3-0 win.
Reds boss Klopp will be hoping the player can inspire his side to another victory over the champions at Anfield tomorrow.
In other Liverpool news,