By Abigail Withey
Liverpool defender Andy Robertson has told that he felt he played well after making his debut in Saturday’s victory over Crystal Palace.
The 23-year-old was named in Liverpool’s starting line-up which secured a 1-0 victory against Crystal Palace in their second Premier League game.
Robertson moved to Anfield from relegated side Hull City for a fee just over £8 million towards the end of July.
Questions were raised over Robertson’s omission from the Liverpool squad during their opening games of the season, and manager Jurgen Klopp simply responded by saying that he was still adjusting to the club’s style of play.
Robertson finally made his debut on Saturday after Klopp had previously opted to start fellow left-back Alberto Moreno with 2016/17 mainstay James Milner on the subs bench for earlier games.
After keeping a clean sheet during his debut run out with the Merseyside squad, the Scotland international said that he was pleased with his first performance in a Liverpool jersey.
He said: “I felt I played well.”
“I did tire towards the end but it was my first 90 minutes since May,” Robertson explained, as quoted by the Liverpool Echo. “I enjoyed every minute playing with all the boys for the first time competitively.”
“It was a great experience. The main thing was to get three points and we managed to do that. It was a good performance defensively and a clean sheet was pleasing.”
The former Hull City mainstay commented on the club’s other left-back options, Moreno and James Milner, and stated that he feels he can help the situation on the backline.
“All the left-backs at this club – Alberto, Milly – will be thinking we can solve this situation.”
“You don’t come to this club and not think you can help that position,” he responded. “We will all be thinking we can play well and ensure Liverpool have a left-back the fans can be proud of.”
Liverpool look ahead to their second game of the Champions League play-offs against Hoffenheim on Wednesday, and Robertson will undoubtably be hoping for another run out.
In other Liverpool news, a reliable journalist has provided a huge update on the Coutinho transfer saga.